To create a Facebook Ad Account for your agency, follow these steps:
Go to Business Manager
Set up a new ad account
Once you’re in the Business Manager, click on the “Business Settings” button at the top-right corner. From there, select “Accounts” and then “Ad Accounts.” Click on the blue “Add” button and choose “Create a New Ad Account.”
Enter account details
Provide a name for your ad account, choose the time zone, and set the currency you want to use for billing. Click “Next” to continue.
Assign account roles
You can now add people to your ad account and assign them roles, such as Ad Account Admin, Ad Account Advertiser, or Ad Account Analyst. Click “Next” after assigning the roles.
Add a payment method
In the “Business Settings,” go to “Payments” and click on the blue “Add” button. Choose “Add a Payment Method” and fill in your credit card or PayPal information. This is necessary for running ads on Facebook.
Create your first campaign
Go back to your Business Manager and click on “Ads Manager” in the left-hand menu. From there, you can start creating your first ad campaign by clicking the green “Create” button.
Remember to follow Facebook’s advertising policies and guidelines to ensure a successful and long-lasting ad account.
As you start creating your campaigns on Facebook Ads Manager, here are some important tips to help you optimize your advertising strategy:
- Define your objectives: Before creating your ads, clearly define your campaign objectives. Facebook offers various objectives, such as brand awareness, reach, traffic, engagement, app installs, video views, lead generation, conversions, catalog sales, and store traffic. Choose the one that aligns with your goals.
- Target the right audience: Use Facebook’s robust targeting options to reach the most relevant audience for your campaign. You can target based on demographics, interests, behaviors, and more. You can also create custom audiences using your existing customer data, or lookalike audiences to reach people similar to your existing customers.
- Utilize various ad formats: Facebook offers multiple ad formats, such as image, video, carousel, slideshow, and collection ads. Test different formats to see which one performs best for your specific campaign and audience.
- A/B test your ads: Run multiple ad variations to test different creatives, headlines, and calls-to-action. Analyze the performance of each ad variation to identify the most effective combination that drives your desired results.
- Monitor and optimize: Regularly monitor your campaign performance using Facebook’s Ads Manager. Analyze key metrics like click-through rate (CTR), cost per click (CPC), and return on ad spend (ROAS) to determine the effectiveness of your ads. Adjust your bids, targeting, and creatives based on the insights you gather from the data.
- Set a realistic budget: Establish a budget for your campaigns that allows for testing and scaling. Start with a smaller budget to test different ads and targeting options, and gradually increase it as you identify the best-performing strategies.
- Use Facebook Pixel: Install Facebook Pixel on your website to track conversions, build custom audiences, and retarget website visitors. It helps you measure the effectiveness of your campaigns and gather valuable data for optimization.
By following these best practices, you can improve the performance of your Facebook ad campaigns, ultimately helping you achieve your marketing objectives while adhering to Facebook’s guidelines and policies.